Important Information Regarding Tax Services & Fees
- Each tax return is unique. Fees may vary depending on complexity and the number / type of forms and schedules required.
- Fees for forms and schedules listed on the web site are for general information purposes only and should be used by the client as a guide to estimate the cost of tax return services.
- MKA will not quote fees over the phone or cap fees before working the actual returns. Fees for tax services can vary based upon the actual forms, schedules and work required to prepare the tax returns that may not be know before work on the returns begin
- Additional fees may be charged due to the complexity of the tax return, the number of revisions required, and/or the time involved overall to prepare the returns. To keep the fees as low as possible, clients are advised to prepare and organize all tax related documents in advance and to start preparing tax returns early in the season.
- Fees for tax services are lowest in January and February each year. Fees increase Starting in March as outlined on the web site.
- Fees for tax services are calculated based on the month that the client provides all necessary paperwork, documents and forms that MKA needs to prepare the returns
- MKA staff will begin preparing tax returns once the client has confirmed in writing that all required documents have been provided to MKA. From the time the MKA staff begins working on the tax returns, the client can expect a draft of those returns for review and approval within approximately 1-3 business days.
- Clients should carefully review all tax return drafts prepared by MKA for accuracy and completeness. Standard and routine adjustments and corrects to the draft tax returns will be made at no charge.
- Clients should never sign a tax return if it does not meet with their approval. MKA staff are always glad to answer any questions about the returns and to explain any aspect or section of the return document.
- Your signature on the tax return indicates that you have reviewed the document that MKA has prepared, that the document is accurate and complete and, that it meets with your approval for filing. MKA will never file a tax return that has not been reviewed and signed by a client.
- Tax return service fees quoted are for Federal and ONE state. Additional fees for multi-state returns will be charged starting at $100 based on complexity of the state returns.
- All fees outlined are for tax return preparation services only. Additional fees will be added for bookkeeping, document sorting, missing information, etc. To avoid additional fees and service charges, please do all that you can to have your forms, documents and financial records in good order and ready for your MKA tax preparer to use to prepare the returns without complication or delay.
- MKA provides tax preparation services to clients in all 50 states. Each client will be provided with a Secure Document Sharing File for FREE to upload tax documents securely and confidentially. Documents in the secure file sharing folder are available to clients 24/7. Tax returns prepared by MKA will be uploaded to the document sharing file for client review and revisions.
- Additional fees may apply for clients who wish to come into the office to have tax returns prepared while they wait.
By my signature, I acknowledge that I have read, understand, and agree to the policies, terms, conditions and procedures as outlined on this document.
By signing this Acknowledgement, I agree that my electronic signature is the legally binding equivalent to my handwritten signature. Whenever I execute an electronic signature, it has the same validity and meaning as my handwritten signature. I will not, at any time in the future, repudiate the meaning of my electronic signature or claim that my electronic signature is not legally binding.